The laboratory is run by competent staff, registered and Licensed that will ensure quality and timely delivery of results. Majority investigations are conducted in-house providing timely support to all the various hospital activities. The laboratory also carries out investigations for institutions and individuals outside the hospital and is open 24 hours a day. Major departments include:
- Hematology- the branch of medicine involving the study and treatment of blood
- Biochemistry-the branch of science concerned with the chemical and physio-chemical processes and substances that occur within living organisms
- Endocrinology-the branch of physiology and medicine concerned with endocrine glands and hormones
- Immunology-the branch of medicine and biology concerned with immunity
- Basic microbiology-the study of microorganisms, which are unicellular or cell-cluster microscopic organisms
- Serology-the scientific study or diagnostic examination of blood serum, especially with regard to the response of the immune system to pathogens or introduced substances.
- Parasitology-the branch of biology or medicine concerned with the study of parasitic organisms/ a branch of biology dealing with parasites and parasitism especially among animals.
- Other infectious diseases